Slideshow Widget

The Cats of Ephesus

Thursday 10 March 2016


So long have I been promising to add some photos of the extraordinary amount of cats that we saw in and around the ancient city of Ephesus in Turkey. I was totally mesmerised and completely lost focus when the kitty’s just seems to appear everywhere we went, Steph on the other hand is allergic to cats so I really take my hat off to him for putting up with me.
First we only saw one in the little town close to Ephesus; sleeping on a motorbike none the less and from there they just seemed to appear everywhere… the steps of the ancient library, the Roman pillars inside the city, grazing the statue of Nike, strolling the ancient carriage ways, the roofs, the motorbikes, under our dinner table ( sure he would have been on top of the table if we allowed him)! I don’t know why they flock there, maybe they see the same regal beauty of the ancient city or feel the same wonder when touching those walls which have not crumbled literally hundreds of years later.













Post a Comment